THE NO. 1 SOURCE FOR EQUIPMENT IN MOROCCO AND CENTRAL AFRICA
As a specialist in industrial, mining and construction equipment and the market leader in Morocco and Central Africa, Tractafric Equipment provides the largest industry operators with:
- a wide range of equipment: mining, civil engineering and forestry equipment; replacement parts; industrial and marine engines; power systems; generators; handling vehicles, etc.
- leading manufacturers: Caterpillar, Hyster, Terex Cranes, Manitou, Perkins, etc.
- comprehensive service: sales of new and used equipment, rentals, repairs, maintenance, fleet management, training and more, with temporary personnel solutions to assist customers on site.
At year-end 2015, Tractafric Equipment represented:
€437 million in sales
A workforce of nearly 1,770 (70% in aftermarket service)
Operations in 10 countries: MOROCCO, RWANDA, BURUNDI, CAMEROON, CAR, CHAD, CONGO, DRC, EQUATORIAL GUINEA, GABON and a presence in CHINA
Tractafric Equipment is a subsidiary of Optorg, which also holds an interest in Tractafric Motors Corporation, a distributor and trader of personal, public transportation and industrial vehicles and automotive parts in Africa.
Tractafric Equipment uses a matrix organization that effectively meshes the skills of specialized teams according to business sector (e.g. mining, oil & gas and energy) and type of service (e.g. the sale of heavy equipment, replacement parts or used equipment; technical support; or rentals).
In each of the ten countries in which the company operates, locally-incorporated subsidiaries have been formed to manage business operations.
On certain markets, Tractafric Equipment works with specialist partners, specifically:
- JA Delmas Export, its partner in Africa Power Systems (www.africapowersystems.com), a joint venture that supplies generators and power plants
- Barloworld, with which it set up Congo Equipment, a joint venture that distributes mining equipment in Katanga Province (DRC)
- All of the Caterpillar dealers in Africa, which jointly created a representative office in China: Africa United Equipment